Bringing in an IEP consultant gave the team the outside expertise they needed to get started. Before deciding on how they could contribute to the institutional strategic plan, this team needed to understand who they were. They worked together to craft their own office mission, vision and core values. They ensured that these also connected to the institution’s mission and vision.
Once they better understood who they were as an office, they could begin to focus on aligning their services to support both office and university strategies. With the guidance of their IEP consultant, they were able to:
- Analyze their data identify their student core customer
- Recognize the programs that sell
- Identify steps needed to shift their programming to prioritize exchanges
- Review current positions within their office, highlighting redundancies or gaps to be filled
- Establish meaningful weekly and quarterly goals
- And so much more!